One Dish, No Fuss, Slow Roasted Lamb

Roast-Lamb-web

Firstly, sorry about the photo if you are not into meat but, if you are, this is an amazingly easy, no fuss, slow cooked roast shoulder of lamb.  We had this today, I just popped it into the oven before soccer and 2 soccer games, coffee and a walk in the park later we came home to this fabulous family lunch, (5 hours, one dish, no fuss, slow roasted lamb, too easy)! I served it with green beans and broccoli – everyone was full and meant that we could have toasted sandwiches watching “The Voice Kids” for dinner!

My lovely neighbour Sam put me onto the recipe by UK chef Tom Kerridge, click here for it.  Some of the left overs are going into wraps in tomorrows lunch boxes and the rest in the freezer for a lamb curry pie another time (it was a huge shoulder just for the 4 of us).  A friends dog is getting the bone.

If you don’t want to do a slow roasted lamb here is a link to a very simple Traditional Roast Lamb recipe that can be prepped and cooked within 2 hours.

Before it was cooked…

Roast-Lamb-raw-web 5 hours later….

roast-lamb-bigger-web

8 comments on “One Dish, No Fuss, Slow Roasted Lamb

1. Angie
    July 21, 2014 at 10:41 am

Love this dish! Have made it twice now and it is a big hit. And can say that it is perfect, even for the absent minded. I made it last night and forgot to pour on the chicken stock and yet it was still delicious. Beautiful tender lamb, great flavours and perfect crispy potatoes. Thanks BE & S for showing me this one.

July 21, 2014 at 11:56 am

You are very welcome! Made a very easy slow cooked lamb shanks one last night so will be posting about that shortly too, am having the left overs as soup for lunch! x

2. Rebecca murray
    August 19, 2014 at 6:58 am

Made this for dinner tonight – fantastic. Very easy to cook and both the lamb and potatoes tasted delicious. Will definitely be making this again.

August 19, 2014 at 8:58 pm

That’s great. So glad you tried it. x

3. Mum
    September 29, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Made this for dinner for 6 on Sat night. So easy and everyone loved it. Enjoying the leftovers!

September 29, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Oh I’m so glad they all loved it. x

4. Shelley
    September 21, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Hi Vicki,
    I’m new to your site, browsing your meal planners. The link to this slow roasted lamb doesn’t work any more.
    Do you have the recipe somewhere else on your page?
    Thanks