Fathers Day Gift Ideas – on the slightly quirky side

fathers day quote

Are you in charge of getting gifts for the Dad’s in your life?  I find GT quite hard to buy gifts for but I know that he just loves hand made things from the girls so that’s good, best get them on to it though!  I however adore gift giving so I’m on the search for something a little bit fun for Fathers Day. Here is a round up of 8 slightly quirky Fathers Day Gift ideas.

What about home brewing?  I’m starting to get into fermenting but this Brewsmith Beer Kit might be more up his alley.

brewsmith-home-brew-beer-kit-pale-ale

(Biome $80)

A “mancandle” might do it.

0965b9_4f00c8b5f958468e8af48fdef0531b37.jpg_srb_p_410_410_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

(L’ascari $29)

He has a lot but you can never have too many cufflinks, can you???

Cufflinks_Dad_EST

(Hug Me Harry $59.95)

Keeping time is something he could work on, this grass clock might help!

136956-00-3

(Typo $39.99)

He definitely needs a catch all for all the pens, papers, coins, keys, phone etc rather than leaving it on every surface in the house, but that might be more a present for me than him!

img19z_93910

(Pottery Barn, on sale for $27.70)

Because Spring and then Summer is nearly here and that means beach holidays, he might like this beach chess set.

il_570xN.771716496_8ewq

($62.99 on Etsy).

Now we don’t want to detract from the original “dude food” beer can chicken but this little number (a 2-in-1 vertical chicken roaster) is less likely to fall over in the BBQ!

img69z_two-in-one-vertical-chicken-roaster

(Williams Sonoma, $70)

If you are wanting to do some “dude food” for Father’s Day, last year I put together some ideas, including Beer Can Chicken that you can check out here if you like.

stonemen_underwear_men_trunk_lion_main_r580x580-1_f580x580_clrffffffq100-square

Now these jocks themselves do not do it for me, a little bit too much roar but I’ll just leave you with this image and you can find on them www.hardtofind.com.au ($44.99) if you want to take it further!

*None of this is sponsored I was just checking out presents and thought I’d share my findings in case you needed a bit of fluff to brighten up your Tuesday!

Do you buy all the presents in your family?  Do you go home made or store bought for Fathers Day?

Linking up with Essentially Jess – IBOT

18 comments on “Fathers Day Gift Ideas – on the slightly quirky side

1. Deb @ inner compass designs
    August 25, 2015 at 7:21 am

Great ideas here. Love the catch all and vertical chicken roaster. One year I got hubby a rotisserie accessory for the bbq and he loves it!

His birthday is in August so I tend to ease off at fathers day and let the kids shop at the school stall, I buy him some snacks from back in England (all sorts and walkers cheese and onion crisps lol) and one present. This year I am giving him a “go for it” note backing his desire to get a new sound system as he loves music. Our anniversary is the next month so i will make it a combo gift lol.

August 25, 2015 at 9:33 am

Thanks Deb. A go for it note is such a good idea! x

2. Karin @ Calm to Conniption
    August 25, 2015 at 7:40 am

I love that catch all. I buy all the presents in this house but in saying that Jack did pick out his own remote control flying thingy for Fathers Day this year. I love buying presents.

August 25, 2015 at 9:34 am

Ha GT did mention a drone too, not getting it though!!!!!

3. Amy @ Handbagma
    August 25, 2015 at 7:52 am

I do the present buying so I better pull my finger out! If I leave it to the kids, even the older ones, they’re kinda hopeless. Coffee mugs for the man who doesn’t drink hot drinks, ties for the man who doesn’t wear them and once even golf club shaped pens for the man with zero interest in golf! Thought that counts, eh?

August 25, 2015 at 9:35 am

Absolutely the thought that counts! Our school is having a “recycled” stall so who knows what will be coming home from there!

4. Nicole @ The Builder's Wife
    August 25, 2015 at 10:39 am

I love the Mancandle!! I find it so difficult to buy for hubby, and the kids say the same ideas every year. This list helps xx

August 25, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I love the Mancandle too!x

5. Pinky Poinker
    August 25, 2015 at 5:59 pm

All fab ideas Vicki. The chicken thing looks good. My own father is the hardest person in the world to buy for apart from my mother. We always end up buying him garish shirts which he only wears when we visit 🙂

August 25, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Thanks Pinky. My Dad loved to wear garish shirts all the time just to embarrass us!

6. Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    August 25, 2015 at 7:57 pm

We do a bit of homemade and something bought which I always get the girls involved in, it is their dad after all. I think I, I mean he, needs one of those catch all trays! 😀

August 26, 2015 at 8:52 pm

The catch all trays are great aren’t they. I think I’m going to make a special trip to get one!!

7. EssentiallyJess
    August 25, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Those jocks are a little terrifying! What are the lions trying to eat?!

August 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Aren’t they just!!!! I don’t think I could take anyone seriously if I saw them wearing them either! x

8. Renee Wilson
    August 25, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I love that grass clock! Yes, I buy all the presents here. For my husband for father’s day though, I usually do something simple like a mug with photos of him and the girls on it. Very simple, but he loves it 🙂 #teamIBOT

August 26, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Fathers Day is just a bit of fun really isn’t it, my husband is happy with anything the girls make him.

9. shannon @my2morrows
    August 28, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Some very quirky ideas here Vicki. Love the man candle. I struggle big time with buying pressies for The huz but he’s has made it easy this year and asked for megadeath concert tix. As long as he doesn’t take me as his plus 1 I’m all good with that! Xx

August 30, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I’m going to have to Google who megadeath are……x