How toasty is your toaster? IMK Pro Colour kitchen appliances & some jam

IML pro colour toaster review

Brought to you by Spotlight and Nuffnang

I usually swing by a Spotlight store around this time of year to start gathering “crafty bits” for Halloween & Christmas.  I think Halloween will pass us by this year though as while our current renovation has turned our house into a proper “House of Horrors” I don’t actually want anyone to end up cutting a finger off for real so we will have to put up the “Keep Out or Else” sign up and go trick or treating (maybe) in a different street.  I think I will be up for going all out for Christmas though as I love it.

What has any of that got to do with toasters you ask?  Why, absolutely nothing other than Spotlight is the place you can get the new range of IMK Pro Colour kitchen appliances including a toaster!

I was asked if I would like to review one of the IMK Pro Colour products and could choose between a kettle, toaster, blender or stick mixer.  Given that our original toaster somehow went missing in our move (the kettle made it but the toaster did not which is very random but that is a different story, the phone and the modem also didn’t seem to make it, hopefully will arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed, anyhoo) I chose a toaster. The harder decision was which of the fabulous colours I would like….

HeaderSlider_Black

the black looks very cool and slick,

HeaderSlider_Green

the green/mint/aqua (?) looks light and fresh and summery

HeaderSlider_Purple

the purple just looks like fun

HeaderSlider_Red

and the red gives any kitchen a POP of colour

I played it safe though and chose the brushed stainless steel because it matches my other appliances (they also come in white which is nice and fresh).

IMK Pro Colour toaster

Do you know it was only last year when a Facebook post was doing the rounds that I realised that the numbers on the dial meant how many minutes the toast cooked for rather than how dark the toast went, I know I’m a bit slow on the uptake but I’m enlightened now (and I wasn’t the only one out there who didn’t know either just quietly!).  This toaster has 6 settings.  It also has;

• Slide out crumb tray for easy cleaning (do you ever use that? I’m guilty of not
  • High lift lever makes it easy to remove your crumpets or muffins (I like that)
  • Integrated bun warmer allows you to warm your bread buns slowly (nice! warm buns!)
  • Defrost Button, Reheat Button and Cancel Button as standard

All the IMK Colour Pro appliances are designed with every day use in mind and are in an affordable price range.  We tested out the toaster with an afternoon tea of tea & toast with my blueberry chia jam (recipe below, so easy, so yummy and no refined cane sugar!).  It did the job to perfection.

I’ve posted my jam recipe before but it’s so yummy on toast (or yoghurt or icecream) that I wanted to share with you again in case you missed it. Blueberry Chia Jam…

What you need:

3 C frozen blueberries

3 Tbsp maple syrup

2 Tbsp black chia seeds

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

What you do:

1. Put blueberries & maple syrup in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil so the blueberries start melting, about 1 – 2 minutes. Stir regularly

2. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes then mash with a potato masher or fork

3. Add in the chia seeds and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes until it thickens to a consistency that you like your “jam” to be. Stirring regularly

4. Once it has thickened into a “jam” remove from heat and add the vanilla extra and stir through.

5. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to a week, if it doesn’t get gobbled up before then

Do you make your own jam?  What colour would choose in kitchen appliances? Any insight into where my original toaster could have gone?

16 comments on “How toasty is your toaster? IMK Pro Colour kitchen appliances & some jam

1. Krissy @ Pretty Wee Things
    October 23, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Yum that jam looks delicious! And don’t worry, I only discovered the numbers=minutes thing within the year too. Makes so much sense now!

October 25, 2015 at 9:17 pm

It’s my favourite jam but I’m giving yours a try too now. x

2. Tania | My Kitchen stories
    October 23, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Hi Vicki, glad you made it!. I love the purple ones. Don’t worry I didn’t know the dial meant minutes either!

October 25, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Ha, I’m glad it wasn’t just me! thanks for stopping by x

3. shannon @my2morrows
    October 23, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Omg and aqua toaster! I’m sold. I heard the numbers thing only recently too and have been arguing with the huz about it. He thinks it’s lighter/darker! Xx

October 25, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I’m still not convinced on the minutes / lighter / darker thing but the toasters are great colours!

4. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    October 25, 2015 at 9:04 am

Ha, the minutes/timer thing is only a recent discovery for me too! Your jam sounds amazing, thanks so much for linking up with us this week.

October 25, 2015 at 9:24 pm

My pleasure, the jam is a favourite around here. x

October 25, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I only found out about the minutes/timer thing recently too. It hasn’t affected the quality of my toasting though! Our kitchen is so tiny we don’t have room for a toaster, we just use the grill, but I do love the idea of a defrost function. There’s only two of us and we hardly ever eat bread but I do like to keep some on standby in the freezer. I love the sound of that jam, can I be lazy and make it in the Thermomix?

October 25, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I haven’t tried it in the Thermomix but I really should (it’s very easy on the cooktop) let’s experiment with it. x

6. Karin @ Calm to Conniption
    October 25, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I think I would go the white. I thought that numbers = minutes think was debunked?? Oh now that makes it more interesting, not that I have tested it. My toaster dial means nothing to my toaster. It just decides how it is going to roll whenever I use it.

October 25, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Maybe it was it didn’t seem to mean anything to my old toaster either! x

7. Nancy | Plus Ate Six
    October 25, 2015 at 11:53 pm

I think I’d go the white. Or the red.
    And OMG – I thought the numbers were the colour of the toast too. There’s my something new learnt for the day!

October 26, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I like the red and white too but everything else of mine is stainless steel plus I’m so pleased I could contribute to your learning for the day! x

8. Maxabella
    October 26, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I’m actually in need of a toaster and find the choice overwhelming. I’m just going to go and get myself one of these. Probably in stainless steel because I am so boring when it comes to things like this!! x

October 26, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I went for stainless steel too! x