In My Kitchen – October 2015

BE&S Kitchen

Well this used to be my kitchen in Sydney and now I’ve handed over the keys to a lovely family who I hope find as much joy in it as we did.  I now have a new kitchen in Townsville that will actually be demolished soon but we will be keeping the view…

new-house-kitchen-view

makes the pain of relocating a bit easier!!! Yes?

As it’s the beginning of another month I’m linking in with Celia of Fig Jam & Lime Cordial and her monthly In My Kitchen link up & it’s a Tuesday so linking in with EssentiallyJess and team IBOT as well!

While there was mostly packing & unpacking activity in my kitchen this month we also managed to bake of some of the classics before we moved.

Honey Oat Bars

These Honey Oat Bars were a hit with the girls but especially with me, I inhaled them!

We jazzed up some classic Jam Drops and made them into Jam Drop Pops, as you do because everything is better on a stick isn’t it?

Jam Drop Pops

In keeping with the classics theme when we moved out of our house we stayed with Mum for a few days and she produced a retro classic for us Quick Italian Style Beef, thanks Mum (she wants you to notice her original 1968 Corning Ware dish that is still going strong and the wedding present spoon!).

quick-Italian-Style-Beef-web

We didn’t really do a big farewell as it was all a bit overwhelming but the girls each had a couple of friends for a sleep over. They did a decorate your own plate meatball dinner for a bit of fun!

kids decorate own dinner

I have to confess to a weakness for Ikea meatballs!  I know!  Strange but true,  (I’ve checked & they are not horse balls like some of the European ones so we are ok!) They are very handy to have in the freezer, unfortunately no Ikea in Townsville to get my fix.

And of course you can’t not have ice cream sandwiches at a sleep over can you?

ice cream sandwiches

We used the Marie biscuits this time because baking my own biscuits at that stage was beyond me.

New to my new kitchen is a bright yellow Soda Stream that my friends gave to me as a farewell gift.  I made sure it made it safely into the removalist truck

soda-stream-truck-web

stay tuned for some cocktail concoctions being made from this in the near future.  They also gave me Chad, Brad, Josh, Mitch, Ryan & Cody so that I wouldn’t be lonely in a new town!!!

Drinks buddies

So that’s a wrap from me for In My Kitchen this month please pop on over to Fig Jam & Lime Cordial to take a peek into Celia’s and lots of other kitchen around the world.

What’s new with you this month?  Do you agree that everyone needs a bit of Chad in their life?

42 comments on “In My Kitchen – October 2015

1. Mumma McD
    October 6, 2015 at 7:47 am

Our Soda Stream is in constant use over summer, love it!
    Hope you’re coping with the heat Vicki 🙂

October 8, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I think it’s been hotter in Sydney so far – a beautiful 28 degrees so far and no humidity (yet!). Gotta love the Soda Stream. x

2. Mandy
    October 6, 2015 at 8:48 am

First time visitor, what a lovely blog. I love your kitchen I can imagine it would be hard to leave.

But wow I’m sure townsville has so much lovely to offer especially with a brand spanking new kitchen, I’m sure it will be beautiful. Hold onto that thought during the construction phase.

October 8, 2015 at 8:12 pm

HI Mandy thanks so much for stopping by.

3. Raychael aka Mystery Case
    October 6, 2015 at 9:02 am

Hubby’s head office is just outside of Townsville and he always struggles with the heat when he visits. I’ve never been, but would love to. Hope the relocation went well. What a gorgeous view!

October 8, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Thanks Raychael if you ever do come on a trip with your husband you have to come by (just avoid the summer months!)

4. Ashlea @ Glamour Coastal Living
    October 6, 2015 at 10:13 am

Glad to hear you are not lonely in your new town and that your kitchen has an amazing view! I do adore your old kitchen, what style will you be going for with the new kitchen? Cannot wait to see some progress x

October 8, 2015 at 8:14 pm

HI Ashlea we are lucky with the view, it’s stunning. I’m thinking plantation/ tropical style with a bit or dark wood in with the white, will keep you posted!

5. Maxabella
    October 6, 2015 at 11:21 am

That view would make even doing the dishes bearable! I’m so glad there is a lovely outlook for your big move north. Thanks for the honey oat bar recipe too… that will go down a treat at our place. Have a great month, hope the unpacking isn’t too tedious. x

October 8, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Tedium can’t be avoided unfortunately but there is quite a lot of fun going on in the mix too which is making up for it. x

6. Jodi Gibson
    October 6, 2015 at 11:48 am

Oh what a view! Good luck with all the unpacking x

October 8, 2015 at 8:16 pm

7. Krissy @ Pretty Wee Things
    October 6, 2015 at 12:13 pm

That view is beautiful! Good luck with the demolition, can’t wait to see your new kitchen!

October 8, 2015 at 8:17 pm

We are lucky with view. Was with the kitchen man today starting the design, fun!

8. Emma @ Life, kids and a glass of red
    October 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm

I have serious kitchen envy! What a view too – I’m sure you’ll have many amazing meals and fun cooking there! #IBOT

October 8, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Emma, will take a few months but then yes we will thank you.

9. Kat - The Organised Housewife
    October 6, 2015 at 12:47 pm

What a stunning view! Best of luck with the unpacking

October 8, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Kat, I need the luck! x

10. Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    October 6, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Wow – what a big move – from Sydney to Townsville! Your kitchen in Sydney was beautiful. I’m sure your new kitchen will be too. It will be a hot summer for you in Townsville. All the very best at settling in to your new home. I did notice your mum’s original corningware dish and wedding spoon – very impressed! 🙂 x

11. EssentiallyJess
    October 6, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I love Chad and his friends! That would make the perfect Christmas gift for my mil!
    Hope that you are settling in well. x

12. Hugzilla
    October 6, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Oh my god that view is to die for! I was thinking about you on the weekend. What an amazing time to make that move.

13. Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages
    October 6, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Such classic recipes happening in your house, old house that is. And exciting times ahead in your new one. #TeamIBOT

14. Maree
    October 6, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Glad you are not eating horse balls! Love our soda stream, really reassuring not buying all those plastic bottles. Recently tried the tonic cordial and it’s a cracker! Great in our afternoon G&T. Love your little friends too. 🙂

15. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    October 6, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Oh man those jam drop pops are super cute. I love reading what everyone has in their kitchens each month – it’s one of my favourite link ups {besides ‘Your Weekly Feed’ of course}.

16. Ania @ milktoastandhoney.co.uk
    October 7, 2015 at 6:32 am

Great post! I’m liking the look of Brad’s behind… I also have a weakness for Ikea meatballs, horse meat or not. And they do the most amazing lamb shank here in the UK too. Neigh 😉 Hope you are settling in okay, happy October.

October 7, 2015 at 6:51 am

What a view! I can’t wait for the kitchen makeover and yes, I totally need some Brad and Chad in my life! Your friends give great gift – it’s time to set that Soda Stream to work, here’s to bubbles not troubles!

18. Francesca
    October 7, 2015 at 7:59 am

Love those wine glass boys. Best wishes for your relocation.

19. sherry from sherrys pickings
    October 7, 2015 at 5:37 pm

oh boy the humidity might do you in! love that view tho. and i love the cute boys on your glasses. such a lovely kitchen you had in sydney but i am sure you can make this new one even better. love your mum’s corning ware.

20. Mandy
    October 7, 2015 at 11:26 pm

You “ex” kitchen is exquisite. Happy renovations with your new one. I have Corningware like your mom, not a wedding gift though. I would chomp my way through your honey oat bars in no time.
    Have a super day.
    🙂 Mandy xo

October 8, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Thanks Mandy. The corning ware is fabulous isn’t it. x

21. Kim | a little lunch
    October 8, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Vicki, your view is extraordinary — as are the MANY things you accomplished amidst moving. Transitions can be tough at times, but you made yours a celebration. Loved your “decorate your own plate” idea! Also, my Mom has the same Corning Ware casserole — tell your Mom thanks for the “blast from the past” and a great retro recipe, too. Can’t wait to see your new kitchen, but be sure to take time (make time?) to enjoy “the boys.” 😉

October 8, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Thank you Kim, I’ve tried to keep it positive for the kids and so far so good. Mum is thrilled that her dish has been a talking point. x

22. Jennifer @Milk and Honey
    October 8, 2015 at 8:01 pm

A fun and delicious post. So many good things in your kitchen. I really love the jam drops. What a treat.

October 8, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Jennifer, the jam drops are fun aren’t they?. x

23. Kirsty @ My Home Truths
    October 17, 2015 at 10:14 am

What a huge month and what a big move! I think I would have given up cooking for the entire month – I remember the hassle of packing up and unpacking the kitchen on our last move – go you for persevering! I hope the unpacking goes smoothly.

October 17, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Thanks so much Kirsty. Unpacking has come to a holt due to renovations & so has the cooking, I’m just doing the bare minimum at the moment!!!!

24. Leanne Anderson @GetawayGuru
    October 19, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Ohh good luck with getting the new kitchen ship shape…love the view!!

October 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Thanks Leanne, the new pantry wall frame went up today so no going back now – hope the reality is what I have pictured in my mind!!!!!! Fingers crossed. x

25. Jo @ You had us at hello
    October 25, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Oh wow!!! That view is so dreamy!! It sure will help you missing your gorgeous kitchen and lovely neighbours. Enjoy xx

October 26, 2015 at 6:34 pm

It is pretty special every time I look at it I just stop to take a moment, it’s very calming!

26. celia
    October 29, 2015 at 10:57 am

Wow, congratulations on the big move, Vicki! What a view! Please let your mum know that her old Corningware is beautiful and I’m so glad it’s still going strong! 🙂

October 29, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Thank you Celia. Mum still has her whole set which is pretty amazing. x