Aussie Easter Ideas Round Up – recipes & craft

Duck Eggs

The lovely Sammie of The Annoyed Thyroid and I decided that between the two of us we would do an Aussie Easter Ideas round up tapping into the creative ideas of our talented Aussie Bloggers.  This way we have taken all the thinking out for you so you can have an “Eggslent” & delicious holiday weekend.  We have some hugely talented and creative bloggers in our country & this is just a small taster (if you pardon the pun!) of what is out there in blogger land.

Sammie has gone with food glorious food for her picks and I’ve gone with a mix of food & crafts.  Pop on over to The Annoyed Thyroid for Sam’s picks & scroll on down for mine.

Mummy Made It has a super healthy (and free!) e-book full of sugar free, paleo, gluten free or diary free Easter Ideas.

Easter Ideas

How cute are these carrot cupcakes & 100% healthy!

Kidgredient has Easter themed lunches sorted with this sweet bento box idea

Bunny sushi lunch box ideas

I’m loving the little bunny sticks!

Craft Mumship is always full of wonderful ideas.  I love the look of these Easter Planters and they would keep the kids occupied for a while too!

easter planter

Achievable craft!

How adorable are these “wabbits” over on Life Love & Hiccups, so sweet.

wabbits for Easter

Do you sew? These kinda make me want to be able to.

Be A Fun Mum shared these cute and definitely do-able Easter Cupcake Baskets

Easter Cupcake Baskets

The kids could even to these on their own!

Back onto the food my Your Weekly Feed co-host, Kim, over on Land of Zonkt made these Zesty Macaroon Nests

zesty macaroons

If you want to be supremely healthy over Easter these healthy homemade chocolates from Pretty Wee Things might be right up your alley.

healthy-home-made-chocolate-7

Create Bake Make has some sweet (in every sense) Lemon Easter Bunny Cupcakes

Lemon-Easter-Bunny-Cupcakes-3

I couldn’t not include Sammies’ Mini Egg Salted Caramel Shortbread because the name says it all, doesn’t it!

Mini-Egg-Salted-Caramel-Shortbread-2-700x525

Finally from me, we made these Easter Cupcake Cones last year that went down a treat! A fun way of getting the kids in the kitchen.

Easter Cupcake Cones

As we want to make sure you’re totally covered for Easter ideas don’t forget to pop on over to The Annoyed Thyroid for her top picks on the “eggsquiste” Easter front.

If you want even more inspiration I’ve got a Pinterest board called “Easter Ideas”, yep I’m original and I did a post last year all on DIY Easter ideas too.

Do you theme Easter?  Do you go healthy or all out choc fest?

9 comments on “Aussie Easter Ideas Round Up – recipes & craft

1. Ingrid @ Fabulous and Fun Life
    March 8, 2016 at 6:48 am

Hehe – I’ve been thinking on the same Easter theme lines as you and Sammie. I blogged about Easter inspired makeup, chocolate and fruit gifts today.

I’m going to pin this post to my hidden foodie Pin board to refer to again and again with my daughter before Easter to make several of these, starting with the Easter planters she can make for our family members this Easter!

March 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm

HI Ingrid I’m about to pop into yours post, Easter inspired make up has me intrigued! Thanks for stopping by. x

2. Natalie @ Our Parallel Connection
    March 8, 2016 at 7:24 am

I would love to say I have an easter theme but if I am honest, it is whatever the supermarkets tell me. I am not very creative in this department lol #teamIBOT

March 8, 2016 at 8:36 am

Oh there’s so much to love in this post! Thanks for the shout out on the caramel slice, it’s very eggstravagant! I love your cones, and I’ve also had my eye on Kim’s nests, the coconut makes a change from all the chocolate! Looking at all the Easter craft makes me wonder if my the one crafty bone in my body will suffice? I want to make and eat ALL the things! I’ve had such fun compiling this with you! x

4. Nicole @ The Builder's Wife
    March 8, 2016 at 9:37 am

Oh my goodness! All kinds of awesome!! Thank you for the link to Mummy Made It book, we are having a processed free Easter here this year and this book will be all kinds of helpful. I remember making Easter baskets at school, so exciting. xx

5. Vicki @ Knocked Up and Abroad
    March 8, 2016 at 11:02 am

Super cute ideas! Easter is creeping up, I must make an effort to add an air of celebration. Simple craft is a good way with the kids. I’m all for a simple easter basket, if nothing else.

6. Hugzilla
    March 8, 2016 at 12:26 pm

I am such an idiot. I literally only realised yesterday that Easter was like two weeks away. I hate that all the Easter stuff comes out straight after Xmas. It leaves me with zero sense of time. LOL.

7. Tash @ Gift Grapevine
    March 9, 2016 at 1:59 am

Healthy at Easter? Ha! I’m surprised I don’t turn into a hot cross bun 🙂 Those lemon bunny cupcakes look adorable. The hard part would be stopping my tornadoes from eating all the lollies before I had a chance to decorate them! Love all the cute ideas x

8. Cathy@lifethroughthehaze
    March 10, 2016 at 6:35 am

These are so gorgeous! It’s an all out choc and sugar fest here! I’m super excited to make Sammie’s shortbread! I’d lost the link somehow so I’m very glad to see it again!!!