Your Weekly Feed #49

Your Weekly Feed

I’ve been giggling on Facebook this week as there seems to have been a surge of funny posts about why is it that people expect the Mum/wife to be the ones to make dinner every night?  Is it the wife/Mum/woman in your house that does the cooking or how does it work?  It’s me here, luckily I like cooking, but there are definitely times when all I want is “boiled eggs & soldiers” and they are expecting a full meal. I can also really do without the “yuck I don’t like it” every evening as well, that it sooooo tedious!  Unfortunately, that is often my thought (which I keep inside my head, unlike some!) when the husband does do dinner so then it comes back to me.  That is a long winded way of saying “Yay” for Your Weekly Feed and the inspiration it brings! Last weeks link up was just a little one being a long weekend and all, it’s also another long weekend in Queensland this weekend too, but thank you to everyone who did share their yumminess around. For an easy entertaining idea I loved The Purple Ladles Easy Cheesy Smoke Salmon Tarts and will be making them next time we have friends round for a meal.

salmon tart

I love the way The Annoyed Thyroid has repurposed pulled pork and made this great looking Asian Pork Noodle Salad.

Asian Pork Noodle Salad

I much prefer to know the ingredients that goes into my food so Kiwi Country Girls 5 Minute Blender Enchilada Sauce is right up my alley. I feel some Mexican coming our way soon!.

Blender Enchilada Sauce

Please pop on over to Land of Zontk to see what Kim has picked as her faves this week and then it’s your turn.

Your Weekly Feed rules

12 comments on “Your Weekly Feed #49

1. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    May 1, 2016 at 6:13 pm

I also get just a little bit sick of the ‘I don’t want to eat that’ comments or the sudden aversion to foods they’ve eaten the night before. Thanks for hosting and I hope you enjoy the long weekend!

May 2, 2016 at 8:46 pm

My pleasure lovely – I had a few nights away from the kids so I can face it all fresh again! x

2. jayne
    May 2, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for the tart shout out Vicki! I often wonder how Mums who don’t like cooking much get on with cooking night after night as even I get a bit tired of it sometimes and I love to cook (obviously!) thanks so much for hosting

May 2, 2016 at 8:48 pm

My pleasure Jayne – they look great. I love to cook but I was grateful to the few days break I just had while away!

3. Tania | My Kitchen Stories
    May 2, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Hi Vicki. Yes the dinner duldrums….if only we could cook what we wanted!. Hope you had a great weekend

May 2, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Lovely weekend Tania (had a few days away so no cooking at all!) hope you had a good one too.

4. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    May 3, 2016 at 6:28 am

Oh yes I hear you Vicki! I must admit that I’m pretty lucky because in our house we share the cooking, especially during the week. For dinner we usually collaborate and I do the vegies while Daniel does the chicken/fish/main part of the meal. Having said that, it can get annoying having to think of something to make every single night without getting into a food rut, even if there are two of us to brainstorm together! Weekends are always a lot more fun food-wise – I guess because there’s a lot more time to plan out something a bit more special and buy any extra ingredients if necessary. I hope you enjoyed the long weekend with your family, and that you don’t get too many yuck-I-don’t-like-thats from the kids this week! How frustrating, especially since you are clearly making seriously delicious food for your family!! 🙂

May 3, 2016 at 1:38 pm

They have no idea how lucky they are but in their minds they just want “kid food”! x

5. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    May 3, 2016 at 3:39 pm

My husband doesn’t know how to boil water, let alone make the family meal. Some awesome choices for this week – I really want to give The Purple Ladles Easy Cheesy Smoke Salmon Tarts ago. YUMMO {although I’ll have until after the birth of number three to enjoy the smoked salmon}.

May 3, 2016 at 10:58 pm

What? I didn’t know that, congratulations that’s wonderful. Hope you are feeling ok xx

May 5, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Thanks for the shout on my salad and of course, for hosting! We went to a cafe at the weekend that served Boiled Eggs and Soldiers for breakfast! I thought of you 🙂

May 5, 2016 at 10:32 pm

My pleasure lovely. I love it when I see Boiled Eggs & Soldiers on menus, thanks for thinking of me!! xx