Easy Halloween Ideas – a creep through Pinterest

Easy Halloween Ideas

Are you into Halloween?  It wasn’t really a thing when we were growing up and I still think it’s just a sugar fest but the girls and their friends are keen to do something. Always up for a bit of Pinterest procrastination I went on a creepy & spooky little journey on the interwebs to get some ideas for the party we are going to.  None of this will actually happen at ours except maybe the plate above because I’ve already made it and it’s dead easy (pun intended) but read on for a bit of light reading with a cuppa (or wine) to while away a minute or two so you can put off whatever it is you were supposed to be doing as well.

I started my trawling on costumes.  For some unknown reason Miss E has a thing about Cookie Monster, I think it’s been at least 5 years since she even watched Sesame Street but as she was going on about it, I found this “wholesome” take on a Cookie Monster Costume

Cookie Monster Costume from Pinterest

(Photo source)

What’s the verdict, cute or perhaps a little bit creepy …?

Definitely creepsville is this costume….

Halloween costume

(Photo source)

Enough to give you nightmares, right? So moving on to food..

Booonanas and zesty pumpkins

Halloween bananas

(Image source)

I do like these broomsticks

Halloween Broomsticks

(Image source)

Now for the ghosts, I think these are achievable at home, what do you reckon?

Halloween strawberries

(Image Source)

Or if you are like me you will just buy some icing eyes from the supermarket and throw them around on a plate!

Halloween fruit platter

The girls were trying to make spooky shadows with their hands to get into the Halloween mood! Do you think they were effective?

Bloody Shirley Temples

(Image source)

These are genuinely cute I think, but we all know what happens when there’s too much red cordial!

A couple of years ago, the school we were at then, had a Halloween Disco and I maned the “Mystery Box” stall where we covered boxes and filled them with gory things that the children had to guess what was what!

Halloween mystery box

(Image source)

I think I used lychees instead of grapes for the eyes balls which produced squeals from all the kids, fun!

Then there’s always the wrap the mummy game which is a delight to clean up after…

Halloween games

(image source)

If it all gets too much you can always just do this…

Halloween card

(Image source)

Are you into Halloween?

I’ve also previously written a Halloween round up here with some DIY ideas and more food if you want more.

13 comments on “Easy Halloween Ideas – a creep through Pinterest

1. Nicole @ The Builder's Wife
    October 25, 2016 at 6:46 am

There are loud discussions in our house ever year about Halloween, I am not a believer, though the kids just want the opportunity to do what their friends do. Perhaps this year we will do something with them, starting with buying some of those eyes!

October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm

We are just going to a little party on a friends driveway. Keeps the kids happy without being too OTT!

2. Ingrid @ Fabulous and Fun Life
    October 25, 2016 at 6:50 am

I’m not really into Halloween although I do allow my children to go trick or treating and I always make sure we have treats to give out too.

I love that Cookie Monster costume!

I love trawling through Pinterest! There is always so many creative Pins to find about any topic!

Ingrid

October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I have lost many, many hours on Pinterest!

3. Aleney de Winter
    October 25, 2016 at 7:09 am

I’m a former non halloweener who has embraced it with ghoulish gusto over the last few years! My kids love getting creative with costumes and treats and now so do I.

October 25, 2016 at 1:51 pm

There is quite a bit of talk about costumes at our house this week – not sure if all of them are actually achievable!!!

October 25, 2016 at 8:25 am

I’ve seen that card and I love it! Like you, Halloween wasn’t really a thing when I was growing up but I really caught the Halloween bug when I was in the States. There’s so many Halloween tricks and treats on Pinterest, it’s a veritable rabbit hole. I love you finds! Consider this pinned!

October 25, 2016 at 1:52 pm

That card made me laugh!

5. Karin @ Calm to Conniption
    October 25, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Those pretzels and cheese broomsticks wouldn’t make it long at our place. Yum!

October 26, 2016 at 8:08 pm

They are cute aren’t they.

6. Jo @ You had us at hello
    October 25, 2016 at 11:58 pm

Oh I love these ideas!! I might have to make those cute pretzel broomsticks and chocolate strawberries I reckon. I love halloween and always insisted we celebrate it as kids but my parents were dead against it. I think its harmless fun – with an adult supervising of course. A few families get involved each year in town marking their homes with balloons. We’ll see how it plays out this year 😉 #teamIBOT

October 26, 2016 at 8:12 pm

I like the broom sticks too. We are just going to a little street party for it.

7. jayne
    October 30, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Loving all of these ideas Vicki! Our street does a HUGE halloween party and this is great inspiration!