Your Weekly Feed – Australia Day Edition

YWF-Logo(Insta-Teaser-NOBorder)

Hello!  We had some great meals linked up last week for our “We’re Back” edition of Your Weekly Feed we really need more days in the week to try everything out!  Everything looked so yummy, did you think so too? I did a gentle 5 day cleanse last week, it was one of the yummiest and most filling ones I’ve done (and I’ve done a few!). It was being vegan for the week and I’m feeling so much better for it so I’m trying to stay healthy and slowing introducing meat and diary back in, I think that’s why I was particularly drawn to the really healthy meals that were linked up last week.

chicken-lentil

Jayne from The Purple Ladle shared her Warm Chicken & Lentil Salad, how good does it look?

Sammie from The Annoyed Thyroid shared a Prawn Saganaki which also looks delicious & surprisingly easy to make.

Prawn-Saganaki-Text-700x525

I’ve got Australia Day in mind with my contribution to Your Weekly Feed for this week with my Roasted Beetroot, Watermelon and Fetta Salad.  It’s perfect as a side to go with an Australia Day feast or it’s filling enough to be eaten as a whole meal if you felt like that too.

Roasted Beetroot, Watermelon & Fetta Salad

It’s full of flavour and so easy to make & the pretty jewel colours make it a stand out on the looks front too!

Roast Beetroot, Watermelon & Fetta Salad

Ingredients

• 3 large beetroots topped and tailed
  • 1/4 watermelon, sliced into bite sized chunks
  • 2 C baby spinach
  • 3/4 C marinated fetta, crumbled
  • 1/3 C walnuts
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil (optional depending on how much is in with your fetta)
  • 1/4 C balsamic vinegar

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the beetroots on the tray with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper and roast for 45 minutes (this can be done a day ahead if you like)
  2. Allow the beetroots to cool and then peel and cut into bite sized chunks.
  3. Layer the baby spinach on a serving platter, scatter the beetroot, watermelon, fetta and walnuts
  4. Depending on how much oil is with the fetta you may need to add a little more and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the salad
  5. Enjoy!

I wonder what Kim has cooked up in The Land of Zonkt this week? Please pop on over to check it out and then we’d love if you have a meal to share for you either to email us with the recipe or link it up here because we are all looking for meal ideas aren’t we?

YWF-Logo(HouseRulesNOBorder)LARGETXT

11 comments on “Your Weekly Feed – Australia Day Edition

1. Kim @landofzonkt
    January 24, 2016 at 4:14 pm

How delicious does Sammies prawns look!
    It was a hard selection this week all the yumness.
    Looking forward to this weeks links too. X

2. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    January 24, 2016 at 7:45 pm

I love watermelon in a salad, and this one is really tickling my fancy 🙂 It has been about a thousand percent humidity here in Brisbane this weekend, so a nice big plate of this for dinner would just be so refreshing! We had a hot dinner tonight and it has seriously left us feeling a bit clammy…I think I will need to jump in the shower yet again! 😛 Was so great to see you both back last week with the linkup, I’m so looking forward to contributing again this year. Also looking forward to following the new YWF Instagram account – awesome idea! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, and a great Australia Day, Vicki! x

January 26, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Thanks so much Lisa, this salad is a favourite of mine too. I hope you had a great day today. x

3. jayne
    January 24, 2016 at 11:16 pm

What an awesome Aussie salad Vicki! Hope you have an awesome Australia Day – thanks for hosting and thanks for the Warm chicken and lentil salad love!

January 26, 2016 at 10:11 pm

I hope you had a great day too. Thanks Jayne

4. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    January 25, 2016 at 6:49 am

That sure is the perfect salad for Australia Day – I love it! Good on you doing a cleanse, I really need some motivation to do one too. Thanks for hosting and have a great week x

January 26, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I need to keep all the good things of the cleanse up now! I hope you had a great day today too. x

5. Sammie @ The Annoyed Thryoid
    January 25, 2016 at 11:56 am

As I said to Kim, I don’t know how you ladies choose with so many delicious dishes to choose from! Thanks for the shout out on the prawns, you’re right, they’re both simple and delicious! I love the look of your salad, I’m a big fan of the watermelon and mint combo, but adding the beetroot is just genius, and so very Australian! Hope you have a lovely almost-long-weekend!

January 26, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Thanks Sammie I hope you had a great day today too. Yay for beetroot!

6. Krissy @ Pretty Wee Things
    January 25, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I’d love to know more about the gentle cleanse you did. It sounds so interesting! And that salad looks divine and perfect for the BBQ we are heading to tomorrow. xx

January 26, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Krissy it was one of the better ones that I’ve done and I felt great at the end of it, now just to keep it up! It was Nat Kringouris’ one (I jumped on it through FB)