Your Weekly Feed – Sunday Night Fare

YWF-Logo(Insta-Teaser-NOBorder)

The end of a busy week, yes?  Or the beginning of another one?  Schools back and routines are on it’s tiring just thinking about it. Kim & I hope that Your Weekly Feed eases some of the mundane meal making for you and helps inspire you in the kitchen, it’s certainly inspiring us!

We were delighted with the deliciousness that was linked up to last weeks Your Weekly Feed, so hard to pick just 2 so if you missed it last week, why not pop on over to check it out.  I’m going to highlight Good Food Week’s Sticky Pork & Crispy Noodle Salad, because the name says it all…

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

As lunches are on my mind as much as dinners at the moment I was quite taken by Bake Play Smiles Spinach & Feta Pinwheels

Pinwheels-3

For my contribution for this week I’ve got a sort of but not quite Spanish Omelette with Sweet Potatoes.  I made it for a family gathering when we were all asked to bring a plate but it would also make a complete Sunday night meal on it’s own.

Sweet Potato Spanish Omelette

Sweet Potato "Sorta" Spanish Omelette

Ingredients

• 2 Tbsp olive oil + olive oil
  • 1 kg sweet potato, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 7 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
  • 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 C Tasty cheese, grated
  • 1/2 C mozzarella, grated

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a round pie dish or oven proof serving dish
  2. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a big fry pan and add onions and sweet potato, then add the rest of the olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly and then add the garlic, cook for a further 5 minutes or until sweet potato is soft. Allow to cool.
  3. Whisk the eggs, milk and chives, salt & pepper together
  4. Place the sweet potato mixture into an oven proof dish and mix the zucchini through
  5. Pour over the egg mixture and spread the vegetables evenly if required
  6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and then top it with the grated cheese. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and golden.
  7. Slice and serve from the dish.

Now it’s time to take a look at Kim’s top picks for the week over at the Land of Zonkt and then

YWF-Logo(HouseRulesNOBorder)LARGETXT

16 comments on “Your Weekly Feed – Sunday Night Fare

1. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    January 31, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Sorta Spanish or not, this omelette looks fantastic, Vicki! Love that you have swapped out regular potatoes for sweet potatoes. We have cut out bread, white potatoes, white rice and white pasta since the beginning of the month (and surprisingly, we’re still going strong!), so we’ve been eating sweet potatoes by the bucketload! This is such a yummy and easy way to eat them! Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s yummy fare again this week. I hope you have a fantastic week, Vicki 🙂 x

February 1, 2016 at 10:46 pm

We seem to be inhaling sweet potatoes too. I love them!

February 1, 2016 at 6:05 am

Love those tasty picks this week – off to check out that sticky noodle salad. How did I miss that? Yum I love me a good omelette and potatoes (sweet or not) make everything better! It ticks all the boxes for a Sunday supper; simple, easy and full of nom!

February 1, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Thanks Sammie it was an accidental creation that actually worked! I want to make the sticky noodle salad too.

3. Bec
    February 1, 2016 at 9:58 am

These dishes look so tasty! I should NOT be looking at 11am – lunch is too far away. I have been craving a spanish omlette or tortilla for EVERRR so this is just the inspo I need to make one!

February 1, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Oh yay I’m glad that it inspired you. I’ve been looking at the all late at night breakfast is too far away!!!

4. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    February 1, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Thanks so much for featuring my sticky pork and crispy noodle salad. I love seeing what everyone links up each week and I think it would be so hard to pick just two recipes each week to feature. I love the look of your sorta torta 🙂

February 1, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Sorta Torta love it! I can’t wait to make your sticky pork. x

5. jayne
    February 4, 2016 at 9:41 am

What a delicious looking omelette Vicki! sweet potato and eggs – you can’t go wrong! thanks for hosting ywf!

February 4, 2016 at 1:38 pm

You are very welcome!

6. Kim @ Land of Zonkt
    February 6, 2016 at 12:44 pm

You kinda had me at sweet potato with this one hun. How delicious!

My hubby would smash this! 🙂

Hope NZ is treating you well. xx

February 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm

All back now. This was a surprise experiment that worked! x

7. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    February 6, 2016 at 5:34 pm

This is the perfect easy weekend meal and best of all, I have all the ingredients to make it!

February 8, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I hope you liked it! x

8. Karin @ Calm to Conniption
    February 9, 2016 at 11:33 am

Yum! I am sitting in my office starving (I can’t get to the kitchen right now) and the weekly feed is now making my belly talk!

February 10, 2016 at 10:36 pm

I hope you find something inspiring on it! x