Your Weekly Feed # 37- healthy & seasonal

YWF-Logo(Insta-Teaser-NOBorder)

My version of Your Weekly Feed this week is coming to you from New Zealand!  We had to be out of our house this week because the floors were all being sanded and polished so I tagged along on GT’s work trip to Auckland (as you do!!) and the girls have been having a wonderful time with their grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins.  I hope that we arrive home to gleaming floors, maybe some windows and the makings of a staircase, fingers crossed.  Have you been to Auckland?  This was my first time and it’s gorgeous, yip, yip it is!

auckland Viaduct Harbour

Kim & I are thrilled at all the amazing meals that are being linked up to Your Weekly Feed, from last week I was particularly taken by The Annoyed Thyroids Oven Baked Schnitzel and Healthy Slaw, with no explanation required. Yum!

oven baked schnitzel with healthy slaw

I have been eyeing off this Grilled Avocado Salad from Dancing Through Sunday and will be making it this week for sure.

Grilled-Avocado-Salad-Dancing-Through-Sunday-21

Given that I haven’t really been doing much cooking this week my contribution this week is something that I prepared earlier. Clearly I’ve got an avocado thing going on at the moment!

Crispy Skinned Salmon with Mango & Avocado Salsa

It looks a little bit fancy but it’s so ridiculously quick & easy to make not to mention super healthy and seasonal (in Australia).  Pop on over here for the Crispy Skinned Salmon with Mango & Avocado Salsa recipe, it’s from pan to plate in about 10 minutes!  We like that don’t we? Co-incidentally I was reading an article in the local paper here about the run on avocados with everyone wanting some of their healthy benefits in their lives and yes going away without kids means that you do get a chance to actually read the newspaper!!!

Kim at Land of Zonkt has her top picks from last week too so please pop on over to check them out and then we’d love to hear and/ see what’s happening for dinner at your place too. Remember that even if you don’t have a blog you could email either of us your recipes (with photo’s if you like) and we can pop them up to share too.

YWF-Logo(HouseRulesNOBorder)LARGETXT

14 comments on “Your Weekly Feed # 37- healthy & seasonal

1. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    February 7, 2016 at 9:09 pm

It sounds like you’re having a fantastic time in Auckland, Vicki, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! What a great getaway. I have been to Auckland, actually, (many years ago on a family holiday with my Mum and brother) and we had the best time! NZ is such a beautiful country and I particularly enjoyed all the yummy fresh fruit & veg and delicious local dairy products as we travelled around the country. One thing I tried over there that I had never had before were yams, and they were totally delicious! We also equipped ourselves with an endless supply of Whittaker’s chocolate, which was rather nice as well! 😉 Definitely a highlight of the trip (food is always the highlight of everything for me, actually..). Thanks for hosting the link-up, as always, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone else’s deliciousness! Wishing you safe travels xx

February 8, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Food was definitely the highlight of my trip too – it’s quite foodie over there. I really liked Auckland so we will have to go back on a longer trip next time.

2. Lucy @ Bake Play Smile
    February 8, 2016 at 9:10 am

Have a wonderful holiday!!!!! Enjoy beautiful NZ!

February 8, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Thanks lovely – Auckland turns out to be very foodie!

3. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    February 8, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Have fun in NZ. I also had been thinking that the Grilled Avocado Salad from Dancing Through Sunday looked delicious!

February 8, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I can’t wait to try that avocado now I’m back home!

February 8, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Hope you’ve had a wonderful break and that you return to a house with all the trimmings! I heard about the avo shortage and when I was out for brekkie last week, the avos were actually off the menu “insert sad face.” They’re already gold plated as it is, I shall no doubt have to mortgage the house to buy one at this rate! That said, I love the look of your salmon, especially the bit about pan to table in 10 minutes. I love all things avo, so of course, Bec’s recipe is also calling my name! Thanks for the schnitzel shout out – it’s pretty yum!

February 8, 2016 at 10:07 pm

You are welcome my friend. Auckland is really lovely I ate my way around! I’m going to have to start growing my own avocados I think!

5. Simone
    February 8, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I love Auckland. I had many business trips there in my pre-mum days. Enjoy!

February 8, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Thanks so much, it was my first visit to Auckland and I think next time we will go for longer with the whole family and travel about a bit.

6. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    February 9, 2016 at 6:04 am

What a great excuse for a holiday, enjoy! Thanks so much for hosting 🙂

February 10, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Back to reality now!

7. Sonia Life Love Hiccups
    February 9, 2016 at 8:28 am

Go you good thing – New Zealand. Hot diggety Dang I hope you are having the most amazing time. Thanks for all the healthy meal inspo. I have that back to school brain numb going on so its the boost of inspo I need. xx

February 10, 2016 at 10:36 pm

It was such a lovely break but back to reality now!I’ve got a numb brain too!