Your Weekly Feed #45

Your Weekly Feed

Well hello there, happy Sunday!  Are you on holidays like us or in the full swing of things still?  We were on Magnetic Island all week with friends and family and we took it in turns to make meals so I can’t wait to bring some of the deliciousness I photographed to you over the next few weeks in Your Weekly Feed. There was also lots of ice cream & of course Easter Eggs eaten too!

Getting straight into my picks from last weeks Your Weekly Feed, photo’s from another island caught my attention when Compass & Fork shared her Drunken Pork recipe, apparently a classic Greek Dish that I can’t wait to try out.

Drunken Pork

While I still can’t ever imagine it being cold in our part of the world I’m told it will happen (apparently sunny, clear sky days with 23 degree temperatures is cold around here) and when it does I can’t wait to try out The Spice Adventuress’ Beer & Cheddar Soup it sounds amazing and delicious!  What do you think?

Beer & Cheddar Soup

I’m a huge fan of savoury muffins, are you?  Plus Ate Six shared these fabulous sounding Pea & Chorizo Spelt Muffins that are now on my “to make list”.  I think that they would also go well in the lunch boxes too although I would probably eat them all up before they got there!

Pea & Chorizo Muffins

All the recipes linked up last week looked so good I’m especially keen to try some of the breakfast ones too.  Thank you so much to everyone that shares their great meal ideas. Kim and I are delighted with this little community and we really hope that you are getting some inspiration too, no more boring meals, right?!

Please pop over to see what Kim at Land of Zonkt has picked out as her choices for this week and then ….. (if you don’t have a blog but want to share a recipe please feel free to email either of us as well).

Your Weekly Feed rules

18 comments on “Your Weekly Feed #45

April 3, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Oh great picks! I’m one of those weird people who can eat soup even when it’s seriously sunny outside and that Beer and Cheddar Soup sounds right up my eat street. I’m going through a massive savoury muffin phase at the moment and I’m salivating over Nancy’s recipe. She had me at chorizo! Hope Magnetic was magical and thanks for hosting! x

April 3, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Magnetic was lovely it’s very basic but it’s the beach & there is one bay that you can actually swim in all year round so we were all happy!

2. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    April 3, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Yum – I definitely want to check out Compass & Fork’s Drunken Pork recipe – we love pork. Hope that you are having an awesome time on Magnetic Island…I’m super jealous 😉

April 3, 2016 at 9:32 pm

It was lovely thanks Shari. I can’t wait to try the Drunken Pork either.

3. Lauren @ Create Bake Make
    April 3, 2016 at 5:51 pm

I’m so jealous of your trip to Magnetic Island, what a great spot! I love your picks this week, thanks for hosting x

April 3, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I love that it’s so basic and beautiful. Thanks for all your yummy link ups!

4. Nancy | Plus Ate Six
    April 3, 2016 at 6:37 pm

23C is going to be cold in your neck of the woods? Lucky you 🙂 I just realised I’ve linked up a recipe I submitted a couple of weeks ago – oh well – it’s still good for dinner!!! Checking out that Drunken Pork recipe right now.

April 3, 2016 at 9:39 pm

That is fine I’ve made nothing new for weeks now so my links are recycled too, if it’s a good one it’s a good one! I can’t wait to make the drunken pork either.

5. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    April 3, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Glad to hear you had a fantastic time on Magnetic Island, Vicki – the ice cream and Easter egg part sounds particularly excellent! 😉 I’m no longer on holidays, sadly, but my head kind of is. I think the school holidays make the city a lot quieter, so I kind of get the impression that everything is a little more laid back. As for the food side of things, that Beer and Cheddar soup has really caught my eye…I’ve never heard of beer in a soup, but I’m always open to new ideas and it sounds interesting 🙂 Wishing you a great week ahead xx

April 3, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I hadn’t heard of beer in soup before either but can’t wait to try it. Hope you have a great week too. x

6. Maxabella
    April 4, 2016 at 9:03 am

Drunken Pork sounds like my kinda dish… !!!

x

April 4, 2016 at 1:57 pm

I know I can’t wait to try it either!

7. Laura | The Kiwi Country Girl
    April 5, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Oh yum, beer & cheddar soup sounds amazing!! Hope you had a great holiday!

April 5, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Thanks lovely. That soup does sound amazing doesn’t it.

8. jayne
    April 5, 2016 at 9:34 pm

awesome picks this week Vicki! how good does drunken pork sound?? Thanks for hosting!!

April 5, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Thanks Jayne. I can’t wait to try out the drunken pork.

9. Miss Food Fairy
    April 6, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Magnetic Island sounds amazing, hope you’re having a wonderful holiday. Loving your top picks, the drunken pork is definitely on the list! Lots of yummy inspiration to be pinned – thanks for another great linkup party x

April 6, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Thank you for linking up your delicious recipes too! I can’t wait to try that drunken pork either