Your Weekly Feed #50

Your Weekly Feed

Happy Mothers Day everyone.  If you are a Mum I hope that you were very spoilt or if not a Mum I hope you were able to do some spoiling to or at least had a great day regardless!  For those without their Mums I hope that you had a chance to think about happy times and that the day wasn’t too tough on you. x

No Mum should have to make dinner on Mothers Day, right? So if you are one, or just don’t feel like cooking, just slide this Your Weekly Feed post over to someone else and point to what you’d like made for you!

If the making the meals falls back to you tomorrow here’s hoping that Your Weekly Feed gives you some inspiration.   From last week I really liked Play with Food’s “Strategies to help fussy husbands eat new foods” do you have one of those? I don’t have a fussy husband fortunately, although we do have quite different tastes in favourite foods (I just don’t understand his attraction to corned beef & cabbage, argh, do you like it?) luckily he will wolf down whatever I serve up, but I do have one very fussy child.

I’ve already tried My Kitchen Stories Cauliflower, Quinoa & Spinach Soup, so tasty plus really good for you too!

Cauliflower Quinoa & Spinach Soup

A Kiwi Country Girl has made Enchiladas so easy with her Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas (using her yummy sauce from last weeks link up) she’s on a roll with her Mexican!

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas

I love a meal that can be made for brunch, lunch or dinner so Good Food Weeks Zucchini & Fetta Fritters look great to me (and how cute is Shari’s little boy?).

Zucchini & Fetta fritters

Something sweet but totally guilt free to round off the meal Pretty Wee Things has created this really yummy sounding No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake that’s also sugar free.

No bake vegan chocolate cheesecake

If raw vegan is not your thing how about Create Bake Makes Bacon & Cheese Pinwheels.  These will be going in my girls lunch boxes next week.

Bacon & Cheese pinwheels

Okay I think I’ve covered about all tastes there now it’s time to pop over and see what Kim at Land of Zonkt has picked out this week and then we are handing over to you.

Your Weekly Feed rules

7 comments on “Your Weekly Feed #50

1. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    May 8, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Happy Mother’s Day! And thanks so much for featuring my zucchini and fetta fritters and my Little Dude. He had his first hair cut the other day and has lost all of his curls. I am sad to see them go, but so many people were referring to him as a girl 🙁

2. Lisa @ Chocolate Meets Strawberry
    May 9, 2016 at 5:43 am

Hope you had a fantastic Mother’s Day, Vicki, and were spoiled rotten by hubby and the girls! You’re so right that Mums should strictly not be doing any cooking on Mother’s Day! I didn’t get to see my Mum yesterday unfortunately – as she lives so far away – but we got to speak on the phone and luckily the gift I sent in the mail arrived on Friday so it was there just in time (phew!). As for fussy husbands, I’m lucky that my other half is very adventurous when it comes to food, and will eat just about anything. We’ll have to wait and see if the trend continues when we get around to having kids! Fingers crossed 😉 Some great picks here Vicki. I was just saying over on LOZ that I can’t wait to try Laura’s slow cooker enchiladas, and you’ve reminded me again how seriously delicious they look. Love my slow cooker to bits!! Hoping you have a fantastic week ahead. Thank you for hosting the link up, as always!! I know how much hard work you must be putting in behind the scenes xx

May 9, 2016 at 6:34 am

Yum! What delicious picks! Thanks for hosting on Mother’s Day too, I hope you got to take a break from the kitchen and got spoilt rotten as you so justly deserve! I face timed my mum (as we do every day) but I’m delivering myself as the ultimate belated Mother’s Day present next week in the mother country. Might be trying out some of these recipes while I’m there 🙂

4. Miss Food Fairy
    May 10, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Lots of food inspiration again this week Vicki. Love finding new ideas for dinner 🙂 Love joining this linkup party x

May 12, 2016 at 1:32 pm

We love having you join it – your frittatas look great. x

5. jayne
    May 10, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Happy Mother’s day to you Vicki! I spent the day cooking a lunch for my Mum who is wonderful and deserves to be spoilt! my hubby was away so the “me time” did not happen for me nor dinner cooked for me this year but I did get spoilt with flowers and gifts. Thanks for hosting and congrats on 50 YWF’s!!

May 12, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Thanks Jayne. I hope some “me” time comes soon for you and I’m glad you got spoilt with flowers and gifts you deserve it!