Your Weekly Feed #60

Your Weekly Feed

Queensland schools went back this week so I used the opportunity to get back to healthy eating.  By that I mean reintroducing green into our diets that had been solely different shades of yellow for the past few weeks, fish and chips in particular on high rotation!!!  Your Weekly Feed last week was full of healthy meals (and some amazing treats too!) so I was drawn to those as my picks for this week.  What took your fancy?

On another note, my husband, a man of extremes, went in with some friends last week and bought a beast, well two actually, one was a cow and the other a chest freezer.  I’d like to think that he had supporting local farmers in mind, or minimal kilometres from paddock to plate but really, he just likes his meat.  For a moment there our garage looked like an abattoir, which kind of sent me the other way so I was particularly taken with The Annoyed Thyroid’s Meatless Monday choice of Rice & Bean Stuffed Capsicums which also fulfil the vegetable cravings too.

Rice-and-Bean-Stuffed-Peppers-capsciums-txt-700x525

Totally meeting my green requirements are My Kitchen Stories Green Pancakes which have really intrigued me, how about you?

Pancakes-with-spinach-and-banana

While we have had a lot of fish over the holidays it was the battered variety so The Purple Ladles Easy Baked Fish is a much healthier option that looks delicious.

Baked-fish-overhead

As we are now back at school, having an easy to whip up cake is always handy so Create Bake Makes One Bowl Banana and Strawberry Cake that can be made in one bowl like the name says, or in the Thermomix looks like a good one to have in the repertoire I think.

Banana-and-Strawberry-Loaf

My final pick for the week is because of the WOW factor, Bake Play Smiles Easy Chocolate Birthday Cake looks amazing.

Easy-Chocolate-Birthday-Cake-7

Impressive isn’t it!

Kim at Zonkt Designs has also chosen her picks from last week so please pop on over to check them out too.  We hope that you find some inspiration through Your Weekly Feed that helps take the “pain out of the mundane”!.

Your Weekly Feed Rules

9 comments on “Your Weekly Feed #60

1. Tania | My Kitchen Stories
    July 14, 2016 at 11:46 pm

OMG Vicki I doubt whether you will be eating fish or green pancakes for a while with two big beasts in your freezer. I think you might be searching for meat recipes. LOL. Thanks for featuring my greenies too!

July 15, 2016 at 10:20 am

I will never need to go to the butchers again!!

2. Lucy @ Bake Play Smile
    July 15, 2016 at 8:48 am

Oh thanks so much for the mention – my nephew will be excited to see that his birthday cake was picked!!!! Have a great weekend! xx

3. jayne
    July 15, 2016 at 9:49 am

Thanks for the fish love Vicki! How good is Lucy’s birthday cake? I want one like that for my birthday 😉

July 15, 2016 at 10:21 am

My pleasure. I know I want a cake like that too!

4. Nancy | Plus Ate Six
    July 15, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I was intrigued too with the green pancakes. If it makes you feel any better my husband would do the same – but he’d have no interest in cooking any of it he’d just want beef every single day for the next month!

July 15, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Beef for breakfast lunch and dinner here!

5. Shari from GoodFoodWeek
    July 15, 2016 at 5:54 pm

OMG – did they actually brake down the cow in your garage? That’s intense. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy eating all the different cuts of beef {especially the cuts that once where inexpensive and now deemed ‘fancy’ and hence their price has gone up – hello beef cheeks}.

July 16, 2016 at 7:10 am

No thank goodness, a butcher did it elsewhere GT just laid it all out in the garage to admire it (and work out what he had actually got!). I’ve just found a yummy looking beef cheeks recipe to try and I’ll have to do some bone broth!!! We could feed the whole neighbourhood for weeks!